Have you ever asked yourself why there are a lot of entrepreneurs, businessmen and ordinary people like you and I do pay a hefty sum of money in order to have their website get ranked in Google and be on the number one spot? There could have been loads of reasons behind this but it all boil down to one thing, when you are on the number one spot, you will be reaping a lot of benefits and you will see positive results in just a matter of time. The profits that you will be getting less that you have spent for optimizing your website will come to you triple or even higher than that. Sounds good? Well, to help you be more acquainted with the variety of reasons why such people would want as hard they can to reach the number one spot on Google.
Here are some common reasons why most people do want their websites to rank on the number 1 spot on Google:
1. Studies have shown that those websites who are on the number one spot do receive more clicks and visits from people.
The percentage of the amount of clicks a website has (which gained the number one spot on a particular term or keyword) will not be visible when you do visit the site. This will be determined by using Google Analytics and other tools of which the owner of the website has access to. However, based on research and certain studies, those who are on the number one spot do get a lot of visits per month. The more traffic generated, coming to a particular website, the more benefits a particular website will reap in the near future.
2. Most of the people who are doing their searches on Google have this notion or belief that the first website that does appear is what is being recommended and has good reputation.
Before we even come to know how these websites obtained the number one spot, when we do our online searches, we do click the website which on the number one spot. Then, just in case we do not find what we are looking for, we then go to the website next line until such time we have exhausted the first 10 websites. Seldom do we go to numbers 11-20. With this, it is clear that people who do have any idea about SEO does the same thing that we did before. Although, even if a particular website is on the number one spot this does not mean its reputation is 100% all-clean. But with a little help of SEO, any bad reputation will be eliminated.
There you have it two major reasons why people do opt for making their website be on the number one spot. SEO does a lot of things to your website. It can serve as a good marketing method which can make you generate more sales revenue that you could ever imagine before.
SEO Fundamentals to Achieve Top Page Rankings with Search Engines
Google and other leading search engines encourage website owners to follow legitimate SEO principles to achieve high page rankings for their websites. The central goal of a search engine is to deliver most relevant and useful information to a search engine user. Search engine technology has evolved significantly in recent years to ensure that only the most deserving websites achieve high page rankings. This is a constant process of evolution aimed at eventually perfecting search engine technology.
Search Engine Algorithmic Process
Search engines constantly crawl throughout the World Wide Web to identify new and updated pages to add and include them into the search engine index. This crawling activity is performed with the help of a complex algorithmic process that determines which websites to crawl, how frequently to crawl them, and how many web pages to fetch from each website. The algorithmic process uses several key parameters such as the efficiency and uniqueness of website design, originality, quality, relevance, and accuracy of website content.
Do check : How To Improve SEO of Your Company’s Website
To determine the quality of content, the algorithmic process evaluates how frequently a visitor visits a website, how much time the visitor spends on the website, what are the reader engagement and responsiveness levels of the website, the quality of one-way back links and references that the website earns on other websites, online forums, and social media networks. These are critical indicators that help the search engine determine the page ranking for a website.
Do’s to Make a Website Rank High in Search Results
- Create the website with proper text links and a clear hierarchy. Each page of the site must be accessible from at least one static text link
- Provide a site map that leads to the major pages of the website. If the site map includes a very large number of links, it can be divided into multiple pages
- Any single page should include only a limited number of links
- Think of the keywords that the site readers would search to find the website, and ensure that the website actually uses those keywords in its content
- Important headings, titles, or links should be presented in text form instead of image form. Search engine crawlers do not recognize text included in images
- Check for any broken links and inaccurate HTML
Recommended for you : Safe and Effective Link Building Methods
Don’ts to Prevent a Website from Losing High Rankings
- Do not use unethical practices such as “cloaking” whereby different content is presented to search engines and different to the site visitors. The website must primarily be made for the readers, not for search engines
- Do not indulge in “link schemes” that promise to improve the website rankings. In particular, avoid links to web spammers or “bad neighborhoods” on the web
- Do not use unauthorized computer programs to submit pages or check page rankings. Search engines are not very receptive to websites that send programmatic queries
- Avoid hidden links and hidden text in the website
- Do not overload the website with irrelevant keywords
- Do not create duplicate pages, sub-domains, or alternative domains with largely repetitive content
- Avoid any affiliate programs that offers little to no original content. Use affiliates only when they add value to your website
- Avoid “doorway” pages intended just for search engines, and do not create any page(s) that includes malware or viruses
If you heed these do’s and don’ts, the chances of your website, business, or firm becoming successful increase dramatically. One thing is for sure is that you will not be blacklisted by the major search portals or engines. These virtual world rules help lead to real world success.
Hope the above tips will help you getting your way to #1 in Google and other major search engines & if you want to get more on this, you can also join our Digital Marketing Course in Delhi & SEO Course in Delhi.